Sunday, June 10, 2007

About Jerusalem..


You can not help but fall in love in this beautiful holy city . It's just sad how I'm a prisoner in my own "Home" . Being a Palestinian-Jordanian that rose up in Saudi Arabia , Jerusalem held my best memories as a kid. Every summer as we went there, we met cousines and relatives , literally the whole family. The old city -especially "Bab El 3amood"- is my ultimate passion , I could sit there on the stairs for hours without being bored . Then there's that Music store right on ur left hand , and as you go on there's this shop that sells the most delicious peanuts ever... I could go on mentioning all the shops there until you reach Al Aqsa , just meters away from my Grandfather's house.





Oh Jerusalem , how did we loose you?



As you enter through the gate of "Al 7aram" , You would see The Dome of the Rock in front of you , it just digs deep inside your heart forming a scene that you will never forget.









Just on the other side , there's Al Aqsa Mosque , beautiful mosque , beautiful architecture.
And it's falling apart , a brick today , a wall tomorrow. Sad .





More pictures here.



And here lies a fact , people are leaving . It's really sad . Ramsey Tesdell says it all here.
As for me , Jerusalem is where I want to be . I want my children to grow there , yes they may suffer, but at least they will know how valuable Palestine is.

No comments: